Thursday 6 August 2020

First test vs Pakistan

Some thoughts after two days...

Pakistan have played excellent cricket and have taken advantage of England's inconsistencies.
I like Joss Buttler, he's a fantastic batsman to watch when he's flowing but our best wicket keeper is carrying drinks.  Had Ben Foakes been behind the stumps the match situation would have been very different.  As the commentary team said, Joss owes the team some runs and I hope he delivers but I'd much rather see Foakes behind the stumps.

Also Dom Bess should have a decent career in test cricket but right now I think Jack Leach is the better spinner.  Squad rotation is all very well but can only be seen as successful when the team is winning!  If Stokes was fit to bowl I expect Crawley would have played and our bowling line up would have looked quite different.

After two days England are in trouble, if you offered me a draw right now I'd take it...

No comments:

Post a Comment