Friday 22 November 2013

Day two in Brisbane, was that a nightmare?

Dozed off after Oz were all out for 295.  England’s batsmen will have learned from the last series and are due a performance. Memories of the 90's when I woke up this morning, England had been blown away by Johnson and Harris, felt sick.  I sulked all day and tried to avoid even thinking about cricket.  I hate it when England play badly, it’s worse when we play Australia.

I don't think even Oz can lose from here but their win is not a formality, there is still a lot of cricket to be played.  England have to find the form they showed in India nearly a year ago.
The bowlers have done well for England in recent years and can be proud of their performance in the first innings.  I still think England will win the series but we haven't batted consistently since 2010-11, I love Trott & Prior but they're playing for their places now.

For some reason I’m not looking forward to start of play quite as much as I have been…

But Broad gets Rogers with the seventh ball of the morning…C’mon England!!

No comments:

Post a Comment