Thursday 12 September 2019

Fifth test day one

Work was busy, so busy the start of play was forgotten and it was after lunch before I tuned into TMS to find England were batting and the score was 97/1!!  What is going on here?  Australia had one the toss and put us in, which seemed weird.  I think me switching the radio on must have been the kiss of death as soon after Burns was out for a decent 47 and Stokes didn't last long either.

The afternoon continued in the same vein, every time I found myself near the radio it seemed another wicket had fallen.  Root out for another fifty, Bairstow out for another nothing score, the tail started to fold up.  The vastly over rated pair of Curran and Woakes didn't contribute much and to make it worse, Mitch fucking Marsh was taking the wickets! 205/7.  At least Buttler was finding form at the other end and finding the boundary too, with help from Leach (again), he passed fifty for the first time this summer.  When I got home play had finished, 271/8.  It could have been a lot worse, it should have been a lot better.

Fucking groundhog day.

No comments:

Post a Comment