Tuesday 10 January 2023

The Ginger Prince

Usually this kind of shit passes me by but it’s been hard to ignore in these slow news weeks.  The younger royals always seemed fairly human and this one in particular actually behaved like a normal teenager which was encouraging.  But since he got married I think the bloke’s behaved like a prize bellend.  It would be easy to blame the actress but whatever the truth this feud is not going to quietly go away, it’s going to keep bubbling up at intervals because it’s easy money for the former lizards.  They’ve complained about the press in the past and yes our printed media is a fucking disgrace but it is hard to be sympathetic when you see them now using the media for their own gain.  This might well end badly.

I should be laughing at the discord in the world’s most famous dysfunctional family but for some reason I find myself getting pissed off at the exiles.  This is the post truth era for sure and something about this farce stinks of bullshit, I just don’t believe them, I think they’re telling lies.  I have no wish to defend the Windsor’s but Ginge and the thespian have lost the plot.


Nightwood by Djuna Barnes

Described as one of the great novels of the twentieth century but I’d never heard of it.  A love story I suppose, orbiting around Robin whose point of view we don’t actually get.  Her story is told by the man and two women that are in love with her, all of whom are tortured by Robin’s indifference.  Their confidant is the doctor who kind of narrates the book in a barely decipherable way, which I found frustrating and irritating.  Brilliant writing or the emperor’s new suit? 

I suppose this book would have been shocking in its day and there is the germ of an interesting story there but I must be a philistine because I think it is over rated bollocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment